Many years ago, my wife and I used to enjoy the Photoshop threads on FARK. While the spirit of Photoshopbattles is the same, the quality of work in these best-of threads puts the majority of the old FARK stuff to shame.
The Best Way to View the ThreadsClicking through a Photoshop thread can be pretty tedious on vanilla Reddit, but there is a better way. Among other things, the Reddit Enhancement Suite for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari includes a feature to display all embedded images in the current page, so all you have to do is scroll.
Here's how to get it:
- Go to the Reddit Enhancement Suite page and click Get it Now.
- Assuming you're running one of the supported browsers, the site will detect which one you're using. Once it does, click Install.
- You'll be taken to a page that installs the add-on for your browser. In the case of Firefox you go to the Mozilla add-ons page for Reddit Enhancement Suite.
- Again, for Firefox, click Add to Firefox. (The procedure might be slightly different for other browsers.)
- After the add-on is installed, the next time you visit Reddit you’ll see a “RES Tips and Tricks” pop-up indicating that you now have the add-on. You can uncheck the “Show these tips once every 24 hours” thing to hide the tips.
- Now, whenever you go to a thread that contains a bunch of images, you can click the “view images” link at the top of the page.
This may also display not-safe-for-work images as well, so beware. Also, some subreddits have themes which don’t include a view images link. :(